Planned Giving Home
A: Current Gifts
Donor Advised Funds
IRA Charitable Rollover
B: Deferred Gifts
Charitable Gift Annuity
Charitable Remainder Trust
Charitable Lead Trust
C: Complex Gifts
Step 2: Contact Us
Jeff Schacherer, Director
Katie Litz, Coordinator
Financial and Estate Planning Services
(800)22-AWANA, option 1
Gifts of cash can be given to Awana Clubs International by credit card by clicking on the Donate button below. Recurring monthly gifts by credit card is an option available when setting up your donation on our website.
Automatic monthly gifts through bank draft is available through electronic funds transfer.
You may also mail a check, money order, or cash equivalent to:
Awana Clubs International
Please do not send cash in the mail.
return to top ▲
Stocks and Securities
You can make a gift of securities to Awana by wire transfer, mailing stock certificate(s) or hand delivering stock certificate(s). Call Jeff Schacherer, Director of Financial & Estate Planning Services, at (847) 846-6921 with any questions.
WIRE TRANSFER STOCK to the account of Awana at EDWARD JONES.
1. Call your broker. Let him know that you would like to transfer stock to the account of Awana at EDWARD JONES. Instruct the broker NOT to sell the securities. Also tell your broker the kind of stock and number of shares you would like to transfer and have him contact Chris Masek or Kathy Holtz at EDWARD JONES at (630) 510-1041. (Fax: 877.582.9449; Internet: Click here for Chris’s website.)
for your Broker: DTC #0057 and Awana Account #205-06700-1-3
2. Contact Jeff Schacherer, Director of Financial and Estate Planning Services, at (800) 22-AWANA, option 1 (800-222-9262, option 1). This helps us credit your gift correctly when the transfer is complete. The value of your gift is the mean price of the stock as traded on the date you deposit it to our account.
MAIL STOCK CERTIFICATE(S)
2. In a separate envelope, send a signed stock power, one for each issue (not certificates) of securities given, which transfers ownership of the stock to Awana. Please note that Edward Jones requires for you to get a signature guarantee (from your bank) when you sign the attached stock power (marked by a red "X") that should identically match the name or names printed on the stock certificate. You do not need to fill out the rest of the information on the stock power. Along with the signed stock power(s), please include a letter with the following information that Awana will mail to its broker:
"Enclosed is # of shares of stock(s). I am making a charitable contribution of this stock (or stocks) to Awana. Please consider this letter and the appropriate stock power your authority and direction to transfer the shares into the Awana Clubs International Account (for? please list designated purpose, if any)"
3. Your gift will be valued at the mean price as traded on the date of your postmarked envelope. Gifts of securities may be mailed to the following: Awana Clubs International, Mr. Jeff Schacherer, Director of Financial and Estate Planning, 1 East Bode Road, Streamwood, IL 60107-6658.
4. Please note that if the amount of the stock is valued at $5,000 or above an additional "Letter of Authorization" is required. Simply contact Jeff Schacherer or Katie Litz at (800) 22-AWANA, option 1, for this form to be mailed or emailed to you for your signature only. We can fill out the remaining information.
HAND DELIVER STOCK CERTIFICATES
1. Complete steps A to C as detailed under "MAIL STOCK CERTIFICATE(S)."
2. Please give stock certificate(s) in person to Jeff Schacherer or Katie Litz at Awana headquarters, 1 East Bode Road, Streamwood, Illinois, 60107.
3. The day you deliver the stock to us will be the date of the gift and valuation.
return to top ▲
Donor Advised Funds
A donor advised fund is a fund commonly at a community foundation that distributes funds to ministries such as Awana. You can open one with a written agreement between you and the organization that gives you (or other family members) the right to recommend that distributions (i.e., grants) be made from your fund to Awana.
One caveat: You cannot direct distributions. You have the right only to make recommendations regarding how much, how often and to which charities. Most donor advised funds will follow your advice if it is consistent with the fund's objectives and the selected ministries are qualified charities.
Once you have created a donor advised fund, you can:
Most donor advised funds allow you to start a fund for $5,000 - $10,000, although additional contributions may be less.
Your Major Benefits
To learn more about this way to support Awana International, please contact Jeff Schacherer, Director of Financial & Estate Planning Services at 1-800-22-AWANA, option 1, or by calling 630-540-4556 or email email@example.com.
return to top ▲
Tax-Free IRA Rollover Extended until December 31, 2013
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 passed by Congress on January 1, 2013 and signed into law on January 2, 2013 offers individuals 70 1/2 years or older several ways to make tax-free gifts of IRA assets to Awana Clubs International for 2013.
You can make a 2013 qualified charitable rollover until December 31, 2013.
To benefit from this gift opportunity, the following qualifications must be met:
Following are sample IRA transfer letters:
-The first letter is
to the donor's IRA custody agent for a 2013 transfer.
If you have any questions regarding the charitable IRA rollover, or how to make a planned gift to Awana Clubs International, please contact Jeff Schacherer, Director of Financial and Estate Planning Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (847) 846-6921.